Here are some short and easy tips to follow as you begin to think about shopping for the upcoming season. Realistically, most of your clothes should be able to be worn, in some way, 3 out of the 4 seasons.
Ready. Set. Summer!
5 Tips to Get Your Summer Off on the Right (Fully-Accessorized) Foot
Choose Natural Fibers
- Nothing is worse in the heat than fabric that clings. Especially here in the Blue Ridge Mountains, we handle a lot of humidity during the summer months. Some people say beauty is pain, but not when it comes to your clothes! Choosing clothes made from natural fibers allows breathability to help keep you cool and beat the heat.
Dabble In A New Hue
- Fashion is all about taking risks. Don’t let the celebrity “What not to wear” lists intimidate you into not making your own bold fashion statement. Summer is quite possibly, the only season of the year where no color feels off limits, which means it’s the perfect time to take risks. Now is the time for you to step out of your comfort zone and try out a new color. Wear it, live in it and see how the color makes you feel when you have it on. You might just surprise yourself!
Explore Prints And Patterns
- Prints and patterns are not solely reserved for your silk scarves anymore. You’re in a time when unique and bold prints and patterns can be found on every article of clothing, sometimes all at the same time! Don’t be afraid to stand out in the crowd, rocking a new print… or even mixing a couple of complementing prints to create an entirely new look.
Dress Up Your Denim
- You have seen the trend over the last few years of people embracing their denim as more than simply an afternoon fabric. With so many different cuts of jeans and washes of denim available now, why wouldn’t you dress it up? Pair your jeans with some heels and a nice blouse, and you’re ready for a night on the town!
Embrace Loose, Flowing Styles
- Loose and flowing dresses and shirts will allow you to have some additional breathability for the summer, but make sure before you buy that you do a self check. Do you really like the way that this piece looks or do you like it for what it hides? Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself!